New City Council to be Sworn In on Thursday, April 6th at 7pm
A new City Council takes the reins on Thursday, April 6th at 7pm when term-limited Mayor Tinsley, Vice-Mayor Jablin and Council Member Premuroso step down and are replaced by newly elected Matthew Lane, Rachelle Litt and Mark Marciano. Council Members Maria Marino and Carl Woods were seated in 2016. While there is a light agenda, active residents may want to attend to see the transfer to the new council, swearing in and election by the council of the new Mayor, Vice Mayor and any discussion of future actions. This will happen right after the meeting is called to order and the roll call is taken.
Announcements/Presentations: National Congenital Diagphragmatic Hernia Awareness Month
Consent Agenda includes 3 Purchase Awards:
- Emergency Equipment for Police Vehicles – Piggyback/Access Contract for $116K – ” Each year the City purchases new police vehicles to replace the vehicles that are scheduled for replacement. The new replacement vehicles are not sold with installed sirens, light bars, etc. The City must purchase these items and their installation elsewhere.”
- Bunker Gear for Fire/Rescue Department – Piggyback/Access Contract for $114K
- Renovation and Repair of Splash Playground at Burns Rd Community Center – Piggyback/Access Contract for $130K. The splash playground is not currently in operation and must be repaired prior to re-opening.
City Manager Report – no details listed
Public Hearings and Resolutions:
- Second Reading and Adoption of Ordinance 12, 2017 and related Resolution 22, 2017 – Business Center at the Gardens – which passed 5:0 on First Reading.
- Ordinance 13, 2017 – a City-initiated Amendment to Chapter 78 – Land Development Regulations, to provide for the inclusion of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles into the City’s Land Development Regulations. CPTED has been a part of development reviews since 1998 but was never codified into the regulations. The Planning, Zoning and Appeals Board (PZAB) approved this on March 7, 2017 7:0 and recommended approval by the Council.
Check the agenda to see if any additional items have been added before the meeting here.