Next City Council Mtg on Thursday March 2nd
The next City Council Meeting will be this Thursday, March 2nd, at 7pm in City Hall. This meeting will be the last full meeting for 3 of our Council – Mayor Tinsley, Vice Mayor Jablin and Council Member Premuroso. The elections are on March 14 and the new members will be seated at the April meeting. Reminder – Tuesday, February 28th is our Council Candidate Forum . See our detailed candidate profiles and our Voters’ Guide with links to additional information.
Announcements/Presentations: none listed
Consent Agenda includes:
- Resolution 10, 2017 – Lease for the Engine 6 and Engine 7 Replacements from Ten-8 Equipment, Inc. and financed through Leasing 2, Inc. The lease term is for seven years, with a one-year delay in start of payments and the total cost is $1,323,476.
- Resolution 29, 2017 – A Resolution in opposition of HB 7005 (2017), titled Economic Programs. HB 7005 repeals specified economic programs, such as Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI}, Florida Tourism Industry Marketing Corporation (Visit Florida), and the Quick Action Closing Fund. Additionally, it transfers all duties, functions, records, pending issues, existing contracts, administrative authority, administrative rules, and unexpended balances of appropriations, allocations and other public funds related to the programs in EFI and Visit Florida to the Department of Economic Opportunity.
- Purchase Award – for Community Services Department for Tires and Related Services – a piggyback/access contract for 2 years for $300K
- Purchase Award – for Fire/Rescue for Public Safety Uniforms, openly bid for 5 years, with option to renew for 5 years, in the amount of $379K.
- Purchase Award – for Golf Department for Lighting for the Golf Course Driving Range – a piggyback/access contract for $192K
City Manager Report – no details listed
Public Hearings and Resolutions:
- Second Reading and Adoption of the following Ordinances (and accompanying Resolutions as applicable):
- Ordinance 8, 2016 which had first reading Nov. 16, 2016 – EAR BASED AMENDMENT – changes to the Comprehensive Plan elements
- Ordinance 1 and 2, 2017 – Trevis Isles
- Ordinance 7, 2017 – Land Developement Regulations amendment
- Ordinance 8, 2017 – Property Maintenance Standards (Chapter 79) amendments
- Ordinance 9, 2017 – Gardens Corporate Center PUD ‘replacement’
- Ordinance 10, 2017 – Budget Amendment for FY2017 – An amendment to the Fiscal Year 2016/17 budget to record the issuance of the City of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Public Improvement Bond, Series 2017, and projected One-Cent Infrastructure Sales Surtax revenue from January 1, 2017, through September 30, 2017.
- New Business
- Resolution 21, 2017 – A request from the Ballenlsles Community Association to amend the side setback standard for screen enclosures and patio decks for residential properties in Parcel One, the Coral Cay neighborhood, of the Ballenlsles Planned Community Development (PCD).
- Ordinance 12, 2017 – First Reading for Business Center at the Gardens – Rezoning, Planned Unit Development (PUD) Site Plan, and Major Conditional Use Public Hearing and Consideration for Approval: A request from Riverside Drive Investors, LLC to rezone a 3.44-acre parcel of land from Light Industrial (M1A) to a Planned Unit Development (PUD) Overlay with an underlying zoning designation of M1A, along with Site Plan approval for an 18,650-square-foot laboratory/research and development building, and Major Conditional Use approval for a three story, 99,183-square-foot self-storage building.
- Resolution 24, 2017 – A request from Frenchman’s Reserve Country Club, Inc. to amend the Planned Community Development (PCD) Master Plan to modify the existing configuration of the golf course to construct a new short-game course and reconfigure certain areas of the upland preserve within the Frenchman’s Reserve PCD. Frenchman’s Reserve PCD is located on the east side of Alternate A1A at the intersection of Hood Road and Alternate A1A.
- Resolution 23, 2017 – A request from Frenchman’s Reserve Country Club, Inc. for approval to amend the Site Plan for the existing Frenchman’s Reserve Clubhouse site to allow a 3, 128-square-foot expansion to the existing fitness center and spa; the construction of a new 1,590-squarefoot one-story tennis center building; a new 6,750-square-foot one-story restaurant building; a new 1,975-square-foot golf teaching facility; updates to the clubhouse architecture; an additional porte-cochere; a new splash pad; and associated modifications to the parking lot.
- Resolution 30, 2017 – A request from Gardens Corporate Center, LLC for approval of two pyramid-shaped building rooftop architectural elements located at the top of two proposed 11-story professional office buildings in the Gardens Corporate Center Planned Unit Development (PUD) Phase 2 to serve as Art in Public Places. The applicant is requesting that the rooftop elements be considered AIPP. Staff does not agree, says that those elements are integral to the architecture of the 2 buildings (approved in Ordinance 9 and related Resolution above) and recommends DENIAL of Resolution 30, 2017 as presented.
Check the agenda to see if any additional items have been added before the meeting here.